The BIG Optician owner optometrist, Keith Little, believes that everyone should be afforded a fully comprehensive eye test - regardless of their ability to pay. That is why he has invested in state of the art equipment for both practices. However you won't be charged any extra for enhanced eye examination procedures such as retinal photography - unlike the High Street multiple practices such as Vision Express.
At The BIG Optician your experienced optometrist conducts one of the most thorough sight tests available. Each eye examination lasts 20 to 30 minutes to give your optometrist sufficient time to carry out all the necessary tests with due care and diligence and to discuss with you any problems you may be experiencing with your vision or your eyes. The BIG Optician provides a comprehensive 11 point eye examination that includes:
- Discussion of history and symptoms
- Assessment of current spectacles and or contact lenses
- Refraction tests
- Ocular moto balancing tests
- Pupillary reflex test
- Intra ocular pressure tests
- Digital retinal photography8 Ophthalmoscopy
- Vision field screening (if appropriate)
- Assessment of any special requirements
- Visual assessment and feedback from the optometrist
- Dispensing, if visual correction is required
At all stages your optometrist will offer explanations of the tests being done and your results.